Reiki - An Ancient Healing Method For
The Modern World
Reiki is a method of natural healing that uses energy channeled through a practitioner’s hands to restore health and a sense of well-being. A Reiki treatment looks rather like a massage, with two important differences: the client lays on the treatment table fully, comfortably clothed; and the practitioner’s hands on the client are usually still, and move only when the practitioner notices shifts in the flow of channeled energy.
Indeed, a Reiki treatment also looks like the practice of laying on the hands, because the practitioner’s hands rest so lightly and gently on the client. However, Reiki is not “faith healing”: No faith in the effectiveness of Reiki treatment is required on the part of either the client or the Reiki practitioner. Healing, very simply, occurs.
The name Reiki, from Japanese, is usually translated into English as “universal life-force energy.” Reiki uses this universal life-force energy, rather than an individual’s personal energy, to bring healing to the whole person. It does this in harmony with the natural intelligence of the mind and body, which work together to preserve and protect health and increase well-being.
Whether dramatic or subtle, the experience of healing is not directed by the Reiki practitioner’s conscious mind. It is created by the universal life-force energy that flows through the practitioner’s hands, in harmony with the life-force that circulates through the mind and body of the individual receiving treatment. The Reiki practitioner simply serves as a channel.
This is one of the reasons that Reiki practitioners do not call themselves “healers”. They are well aware that the universal life-force energy is the true healer and does all the real work of healing.
Above text is from Traditional Reiki For Our Times by Amy Z. Rowland.
If you would like to schedule a Reiki session, contact Linda at email@example.com or call 410-827-8324.
Reiki Practitioners Code of Ethics & Guidelines for Recipients
- All Practitioners must be attuned to a minimum of Reiki Level I.
- Provide a safe and comfortable healing environment during Reiki sessions.
- Treat all clients with utmost respect. Keep confidential any information shared by clients during the session.
- Respect the integrity of the client and carry out Reiki sessions while the client is fully clothed. Under no circumstances is there to be any form of sexual contact between the client and the practitioner. The practitioner will not have physical contact with the breasts or the genitals.
- Reiki Practitioners never diagnose or prescribe under any circumstances, or interfere with treatments under the guidance of qualified healthcare professionals.
- Reiki is a spiritual healing modality that can support the body's own healing abilities, and not a "cure" for physical ailments.
- Reiki is a spiritual practice and has NO religious connection. Clients may feel free to call upon personal guides in a silent prayer after the opening Prayer of Intention has been completed by the Reiki Practitioner.
- If client is currently taking mind altering medications, please let the Practitioner know.
- Alcohol is not permitted in a Reiki session.
- A copy of Reiki Certification is available.
We ask that you honor and respect these guidelines. They have been put in place to help create a safe and sacred space for Reiki.